MISY 150 - Technology Fluency
This course discusses the components and capabilities of computer systems, types of computers, computer network terms, types of hardware, diverse software and their uses.
Students will learn how to use:
1. Data analytics software (such as student self-audit tool and SPSS)
2. A communication software package (such as Skype for Business);
3. A cloud file storage/file-sharing service (such as OneDrive);
4. A Learning Management System (such as Blackboard);
5. A Geographic Information System (such as ArcGIS).
6. An Operating System with Graphical User Interface;
7. Word-processing, spreadsheet, database management system, and presentation packages;
8. Various documentation styles.
It also introduces basic topics including computer and information security, data analytics, technology related ergonomics and various resources on the Internet.
Add to Plan of Study (opens a new window)